Need Prohibited Substances Removed From Premises?
Removing hazardous material is a dangerous and complicated process that the professionals at GreenerWay hazardous Removal are trained and licensed to perform. Don’t risk it!
Give us a call
After an asbestos removal related service? Call one of our friendly team member on 1300 575 748 for a free quote. If you’re viewing this on your mobile phone, simply click the phone icon to call.
Get a Free online quote
UNDERSTANDING THE RISKS INVOLVED IN CONTAMINATION
- Behavioural problems in children
- Respiratory issues
Legally, you face action from tenants who move into a contaminated home and also from clients who expect that you look after their property and prevent or manage contamination in the first instance.
Contamination levels greater than .50µg per 100cm2 are dangerous and require a property to be remediated which can be a very costly exercise. Remediation might involve treating or ripping out carpet, soft furnishings, removing furniture, wall linings, ceilings, electrical wiring, air conditioners, heating and insulation.
Warning signs that your property may have been used as a lab include:
- Strong odours (acrid, sour solvents, ammonia)
- Discolouration of structures, soil and pavement
- Burns, unusual stains, yellowed walls and rust in strange places such as on window fittings or door handles
- Lots of rubbish – bins, containers, plastic bags
will test for the presence of Prohibited Substances on your property.
A swab like test is used to identify residue in quantities over .50µg per 100cm2 which is the point where contamination is considered unsafe. This test can single out contaminated areas and pinpoint any furnishings or materials too contaminated to be cleaned.
These safety recommendations are executed in accordance with the Australian Clandestine Remediation guidelines and are essential in:
- Confirming the conditions of the property
- To ensure the wellbeing and safety of any persons working onsite
- To meet sampling requirements needed by banks, insurance companies and property owners
- To help establish remediation costs
If the test returns unsafe levels of contamination in the property, we can implement a remediation plan and ensure the property is returned to a safe and hazard free state.